Thursday, June 7, 2007

Donnie Darko


I was looking for some movies to download on the other nite when I found out bout dis movie, Donnie Darko. The part when it scores a high 8.3 rating on IMDB made me read more bout it. I knew I have to watch dis when I knew its about time-travel, and an emotionally troubled teenager, a rather unique sci-fi I shud say.

When I finished da movie, I never expected it to be so tough and requires so much thinking during and after the movie. Having some doubts, I went wiki and found out that the movie offers a lot more than wat I expected.

Let's talk bout the plot. It's about Donald Darko (Donnie), a emotionally troubled 16 years old teeager, who was told by a 6 foot bunny called Frank, that the world would end in 28 days, and instructed Donnie to save the world. Somehow, also on that night, accidentally or purposely, Frank saved Donnie from getting crashed by a 747 jet engine falling from sky. Soon, Donnie will get strange visions and instructed by Frank to do all kinda crazy stuff. In fact, all the things he's done are inter-related to his task of saving the world, but u might not realize it until the end. Thats the magic of the movie.

I also like the part where some of the things Donnie do in the movie, there is a string of events followed, which are all inter-related. I dun like to talk too much bout it, just GO AND WATCH THE MOVIE!!!

Also, the book "Philosophy of Time Travel" rox!! Of cuz it aint a real book, but the theory from the book was very cool. I wonder how can they think of such terms such as Living Receiver, Manipulated Dead, Manipulated Living, or Tangeant Universe ( I like this term, Tangeant Universe). Every role has its own purpose and u urself nid to figure out who plays which role after da movie.

There are also many sites on the net that will answer your doubts or questions bout the story. Some sites even show all the theories from "Philosophy of Time Travel".

Not all people would like this movie. It is definitely not recommended for those that don't like too much thinking when watching a movie.

More info can be found here:
Donnie Darko IMDB Site
Donnie Darko Wikipedia
Donnie Darko Official Site
Donnie Darko FAQ (Very nice FAQ, dis site helps me a lot!!)

No comments: